Route І

Manyavsky skit

Manyavsky monastery founded in 1608 pupils Athos monastery Ivan Vyshensky and Job Knyahynytskym, who became its first abbot.
Skeet was a powerful stronghold of Orthodoxy in the Western Ukraine, who ruled the 556 monasteries, and the skit was independent of the local bishops and directly subordinate to the patriarch.
Architectural monastery buildings – a group of wooden and stone buildings, fenced high stone wall with towers and battlements. Square monastery has underground cellar, a labyrinth of intimate exits the mountains.
Once it was a place for prayer, purification, confession and communion, and at the same time reliable repository of local residents during the attacks of the Turks and Tatars.
Now it Exaltation of the Cross ascetic monastery prominent center of spirituality, culture and arts of Ukraine.
This ancient shrine situated between the mountain cliffs Carpathians, p. Manyava Ivano-Frankivsk region.
History Manyavsk Skitiov hides many unsolved and unexplored mysteries. But the biggest mystery for researchers are the healing properties of water collected inside the cave, which was formed in the huge stone, which lies on the hill near the monastery. There are many legends and stories about the life of monks in a cave in the stone. And not every one is a testimony of the healing properties of water, which the monks used to heal the sick. Perhaps not surprisingly this was called Blessed stone slab. Like hundreds of years ago come today to Blessed stone people in blessing and healing.


Founded city in the area between two Bystrytsya in 1662 Polish magnate Andrew Potocki and named Stanislavov after his son. May 7 of that year Stanislaviv granted city status with the Magdeburg law. This date is considered the birthday of Ivano-Frankivsk.
In XVIII-XIX century .. city was a big trading and manufacturing center in Poland, and from 1772 – Austria (from 1867 – Austria-Hungary). In the development of crafts and culture have contributed, but Ukrainian, Polish, Jews, Armenians, communities were quite numerous.
After the collapse of Austria-Hungary in 1918 was created the West Ukrainian People’s Republic. Stanislaviv during January-May 1919 was its capital.
In the 1919-1939 biennium – Stanislav was a part of Poland. From September 1939 to June 1941 in the Soviet Union.
During World War II three years the city was under Nazi occupation. The fight against invaders led underground OUN-UPA.
The hearts still speaks pain execution of 27 patriots in the city center in November 1943 in Stanislav and its suburbs fascists killed more than 100 thousand civilians. July 27, 1944, the city was liberated by Soviet troops.
In 1962, the city celebrated its 300 – year anniversary. It was renamed and after a famous writer and public figure Ivan Franko here more than once, made good friends, wrote and read his works.
Today Ivano-Frankivsk – a city of regional significance, administrative, economic and cultural center of the Carpathian region, a city with European charm, ancient glorious history, unique customs and traditions, exquisite architecture.